For Immediate Release
P20 Backpack Free Friday May 3rd, 2013
Lifting the Burden off Children and Schools
WHO? Children, Schools and Families around the planet.
WHAT? Leave backpacks at home this day.
WHEN? Friday, May 3rd, 2013
WHY? To literally lift the burden off children and schools.
Students do not learn or socialize well with others when they are tired, dehydrated and hungry – add to this a pack of heavy books on their backs. Backpack Free Friday draws awareness to the importance of children’s foundational care in their daily lives. This is the day caring, conscious adults around the planet stand in unity to affirm the importance of children’s mandatory curriculum.
The Backpack Free Friday Campaign is coordinated by Parenting 2.0, an international consciousness movement that aims to effect positive change in every avenue of human interaction by advocating a more proactive educational process for foundational life skills. Parenting 2.0 on LinkedIn is the top ranked parenting group with nearly 3000 human development professionals and Life Skills Educators in over sixty countries.
In 2012, Parenting 2.0 made history by gathering Life Skills educators across multiple disciplines and continents for the first professional conference to recognize Life Skills as distinct, foundational skill sets teachable by third party experts, P20 Talks. In August of 2013, Parenting 2.0 Ambassadors are hosting regional gatherings around the planet to share P20 consciousness and promote the value of proactive education for traditionally non-academic Life Skills.
Replace Occupy with Exemplify and you have the formula for Parenting 2.0.
Please join us in Being the Change
- Share this press release with local media and school administrators.
- Join our Backpack Free Friday Page on Facebook and share the videos. Post also pictures of your children and their backpacks.
- Tweet reminders once daily. ” Support Back Pack Free Friday May 3rd, 2013.” Include the hash tag #P20BPFF. http://youtu.be/V2ghYgSzPZ4
- Download the Life Skills Report Card.
Backpack Free Friday
- Be the Change! Prioritize adequate sleep, drink several glasses of water, eat healthy and exercise!
- Share Life Skills Related articles with others in advance of and on BackPack Free Friday May 3rd, 2013.
- Join discussions regarding Life Skills development with our Parenting 2.0 LinkedIn group and Parenting 2.0 Facebook page.
- Sign The Global Presence Pledge!
Articles worth tweeting and sharing this day include: